Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal Duplicate Entries iPhone only

I seem to be having the exact opposite issue as everyone when it comes to iCloud/iCal duplicate entries. I upgraded to iOS 5 on my phone (3G) and converted from mobileme to iCloud. Everyone thing seemed to run smooth, except for the fact after syncing my phone through iTunes I have duplicate iCal entries. I figured the easy fix would be to delete them (since many are recurring entries) however I am only alloed to delete one of the entries. This entry happens to be the original entry and deletes both entirely. The duplicate entry will not allow any edits.

In iTunes I do not have any of the boxes checked to sync Address/Calendars etc. I am baffled or maybe just out of sorts because my coffee maker broke.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

iPhone 3G, iOS 5, iCloud iTunes

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 8:34 AM

9 replies

Nov 9, 2011 5:20 PM in response to rebelcurse

I get duplicate and even multiple (up to seven or eight) repeats of various events in iCal, on my IPhone 4, when I sync my phone with my MacBook Pro. I do not use the iCloud feature on the iPhone, and don't have it on the Mac -- in System Prefs and on the very top bar of the screen it still has icons for Mobile Me. I currently have OS 10.6.8 and iOS 5.0.

I sync only with a USB cable, no Clouds, no Wi-Fi, no BlueTooth. Have been trying to find an answer here, but they all revolve around Clooud/Mobile Me being the culprit. Having eliminated those sources of error, I think it is a problem between the Mac OS and the iPhone iOS.

Dec 12, 2011 2:41 PM in response to rebelcurse

I had the same problem. To eliminate duplicate entries from the Calendar in iPhone first check to see what is listed in the Calendar on your iPhone under From My Mac and iCloud lists respectively by selecting the button "Calendars" in the top right of the app. If you notice calendars with the Calendar Name [email@domain.com...] heading and not simply Calendar Name under the From My Mac header these are from iColud to iCal then back to your iPhone. The duplicate calendars in this list can be removed everytime you sync your phone by doing the following during your next sync:

• On your Mac go to iTunes and select your iPhone under the devices header on the left. Go to Info.
  • Under Sync iCal Calendars select the Sync Selcted Calendars radio button if there are calendars on your Mac that are not on the cloud.
  • Select the boxes related to the calendars in the list local to your Mac such as Calendar. Do not select items such as Calendar [email@domain.com...] as these are on from iCould to your Mac then you would be syncing them back to your phone creating the duplicate.
  • Go down to the Advanced header and select the Calendars box
  • Sync and done.

May 15, 2012 11:13 PM in response to rebelcurse

Same here.

Please let me state that this nothing to do with iCloud or Mobileme or WIFI sync.

I have a Macbook Pro and want to sync via iTunes with the USB cable to my new iPad 2 4G.

iCal on my Macbok has 7 calendars. When I sync to my iPad around 90% of all my entries are duplicated on the iPad only. Some are duplicated 2 times and some are duplicated over 40 times.

It happens with all-day and timed events across all the 7 calendars on my iPad only.

When I did the first sync there were no entries at all on the iPad calendar.

My settings on iTunes are sync all calendars. Nothing else.

I have unchecked the sync calendars and removed all entries from the calendar on my iPad and tried again with iTunes setting set to 'For the first time only replace all info on your iPad etc etc etc.

I still get duplicate entries.

Any help would be appreciated

Oct 12, 2012 2:51 PM in response to Design Professor

I have this EXACT problem with my iPod Touch 4.2.1; no iCloud, no MobileMe or WiFi Sync, I use a USB cable from my MacBook Pro 10.6.8 to my iPod Touch. All of the calendar events I have in iCal that I change/update show up in all their updated forms on the iPod only, not in iCal. Even entire old calendars that were deleted show up. I have tried "replacing the selected information on this iPod with information on this computer" and it does not erase the duplicates. I even did a complete reset, and it did not help. I am still looking for an answer on these discussion forums. Anyone out there who can help?

iCal Duplicate Entries iPhone only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.