Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

are mac.com addresses valid

I have always used the mac.com address for my email, although me.com is also usable. Yesterday people who write to my mac.com email reported that the mail derlivery system reported that no such address existed. Is this a temporary problem? I have lots of bill pay and other accounts where I list my mac.com address.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), iphone4s, TC2G, AirportExtreme

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 9:23 AM

7 replies

Dec 7, 2011 7:00 PM in response to william menezes

Or to change each one of its accounts for me.com. However, I received my messages on mac.com these last days.

No information on this topic of Apple?

Excepted http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1932

Can I send and receive email from both @mac.com and @me.com?

If you had a working @mac.com email address as of July 9, 2008 you can continue to use that address as you always have, as well as your new address @me.com.

Dec 7, 2011 7:06 PM in response to debbie from gp

The problem occured when iCloud was first enabled, at that time there were some issues due to the number of users transfering on. Both me.com and mac.com email addresses work. In other words apple has aliased these addresses. For instance if I go to my gmail account or yahoo account I can send email to both my me.com and mac.com address.

If you have other accounts you can try this to confirm, or ask your friend to send a separate email to you me.com and another email to your mac.com address to confirm operation for you.

are mac.com addresses valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.