Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No voice feedback on Siri

Hi, last night I turned off voice feedback on Siri and the setting changed without a problem. This morning I tried to turn it back on, but even though the checkmark is now on "Always" rather than "Handsfree Only", Siri will not speak. The server doesn't seem to be down since it understands everything I say. I have tried turning Siri off, restarting, then re-enabling Siri. All other sounds on the iPhone work fine.

iPhone 4, iOS 5, iphone 4S

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 9:59 AM

9 replies

Oct 4, 2012 5:32 AM in response to nysaehee

I have a new IPhone 5, and I had the same problem. It's strange because Siri spoke when she didn't understand something, but otherwise remained silent. My voice feedback was set to "always." I realized that I could hear Siri if I had my phone to my ear; the app just wasn't using the speakerphone. I switched to "raise to speak" instead of just pushing the button. Lo and behold, Siri starting speaking through the speakers. I have NO idea why that would have helped.

No voice feedback on Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.