Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking for something in the iPad/iPhone Airport App

Hi

I have been waiting for the airport utility for iPad/iPhone to come as I frequently travel with just my iPad and Airport Express. However, I have been unable to configure it when away from home.

So, Apple has released a utility but it appears to be the most important feature for being on the road, that is, the ability to switch connection sharing (so you can hook up to a hotel system).

Is it that I can't find it or it doesn't allow you to do it. In the iPad app, I am looking for the ability to switch between bridge mode and the other two.

Thanks,

Andrew

User uploaded file

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 11:38 AM

4 replies

Oct 15, 2011 5:14 PM in response to andrewwoodward1966

Tesserex, thanks for the comment . Can you point to where in the utility I cna figure it to

Share a public IP address

Distribute a range of IP addresses, or

Be off in Bridge mode?

Thanks,I can't work it out.

Re: Looking for something in the iPad/iPhone Airport App

created by Tesserax in AirPort - View the full discussion

The AirPort Utility App that is available with iOS 5 does pretty much everything that the Mac or PC versions do including controlling both the NAT & DHCP services to allow you reconfigure an AirPort as a bridge.

Oct 15, 2011 8:43 PM in response to andrewwoodward1966

Can you point to where in the utility I can configure it to:

Share a public IP address

Distribute a range of addresses

Be off in Bridge mode

The exact same options do not appear in the AirPort Utility app, but can be mimiced using the NAT & DHCP option as follows:

• Share a public IP address = NAT & DHCP enabled
  • Distribute a range of IP addresses = NAT disabled & DHCP enabled
  • Off (Bridge Mode) = NAT & DHCP disabled

Looking for something in the iPad/iPhone Airport App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.