Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem with 2x playback?

Hi,

I'm on a iPhone 3S...

Since the IOS 5 upgrade, I seem to have stability problems with iTunes. Apart from the occasional lock-up, It's having a problem with 2x playback of podcasts.

Whenever I activate voice controls, receive a call, or other audible interruptions, the playback reverts to normal speed. Opening iTunes still shows "2x" active, but it's playing back normal speed.

Anyone else experiencing this?

JS

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 11:59 AM

11 replies

Oct 19, 2011 9:01 AM in response to Jeff Schuh

Yes Jeff, exact same issue here as well. I had what I consider to be a clean updgrade of an iPhone 4 with no issues overall, but this is most certainly a bug.

I have been searching the web/Apple forums for a post such as yours for the past 10 minutes and yours is the first I have found that matches exactly.

Playback speed is definitely reverting to 1x while displaying 2x whenever there is a phone related interuption. Scrolling though the 3 available speeeds back to 2x will fix, but this is still annoying.

Hopefully the developers are listening to us.

Michael G.

Oct 19, 2011 5:44 PM in response to neilfromcharvil

It's acutally worse than just the 2x playback failure. iTunes crashes regulary. If I make the mistake of turning the phone to landscape, it often freezes mid rotation (I've even snapped screen shots of this). I have to go to the home screen to escape this, and when relaunching iTunes, it inevitably crashes for real.

I also get may crashes as a matter of course with usage.

J

problem with 2x playback?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.