Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Static in Iphone 4s

I have noticed a static sound while I am on my new iphone 4s 😟 Is anyone else having problems or know any solutions?

Thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 12:37 PM

945 replies

Jun 12, 2018 5:46 PM in response to Kehletten

Excellent battery life (1 day 3 hours standby, 6 hours 42 minutes usage) but lots of static noise.

Name: iPhone 4S

Model: iphone_4S

Group1: iPhone

Group2:

Generation: 6

ModelCode: iphone_4S

Machine Model: iPhone4,1

Model introduced: 2011

Production year: 2011

Production week: 46 (November)

introduced test: GOED

Family name: Become a pro user to see this information. (sorry)

Screen size: 3.5 inch

Screen resolution: 960x640 pixels

Colour: White

Capacity: 16GB

Factory: DN (China, Chengdu - Foxconn)

Oct 18, 2011 7:12 PM in response to JamiDianne

Yes same here. Wife and I upgraded to new 4s phones. When we talk to each other we both hear the static. I tried calling her with my company blackberry and she sounded good as I did to her. We are on Verizon by the way. She called me back later on my sons Motorola phone and she sounded ok but she said I had static in my voice again. Not sure what this tells me except that my wife's 4s phone sounded fine using my blackberry on sprint. So maybe just my phone has a problem. My wife's is a 16G and mine is 64G. I sure didn't expect to have problems moving from my 3G phones to the 4s but I did have to swap out my first 3G because it didn't work right.

Oct 19, 2011 7:52 AM in response to JamiDianne

I have had the same problem. Its faint, but I hear it from time to time while on a call. I also will at times suddenly have an echo appear and will have to call back the person i was talking to to eliminate the issue until it happens again.

I hope Apple is on top of this.I've had the phone for 3 days now and enjoy it over my iPhone 3G, but it never had this problem the 4S is giving me.

Oct 19, 2011 8:57 AM in response to JamiDianne

The “static” sounds like a“Hard Drive on a PC booting up all your applications”. The voice is not distorted by this static crackling sound on the ear, and it’s a very light sound. Because the voice is not distorted through my network it could be a hardware defect. Apple should look into this.

I'll give it another week and if the issue continues my suggestion is to get a new phone.

I have an iPhone 4S and have this issue since day 1

Network Provider: AT&T

Coverage: Atlanta (where 4G is covered).

Static in Iphone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.