Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Album to Keynote/Powerpoint Presentation

Is there any automated way of sending an album of iPhoto pictures to a Keynote or Powerpoint presentation with each picture as their own slide?

Thanks

Mac Mini 1.42 GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.4), 512 MB Ram, Apple Care protection plan, 5G 30 Gb Black iPod w/ InvisibleSHIELD

Posted on Jan 28, 2006 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2006 7:17 AM

Hello Someone!

I know of two ways to kind of "batch" automate your process:

1. Your keynote presentation that should hold your slides is open. The keynote window must show the thumbnails of your slides on the left side (Presumably, there is only one there yet - the automatically created first slide - to be seen.) If they are not shown, go to the view menu and select "Navigator". Select all the pictures you want to have in your keynote file in iPhoto and drag them over into the thumbnail view on the left side (not onto the slide!). That should create one slide for each photo.
As for PowerPoint, I don't know whether the things said above work - they should, though. But with powerpoint you can use the application to build a slide show from files in a folder. Well, for this you just have to create a folder of your images from iPhoto, easy enough... 😉

2. If you are on OS X Tiger you can run the "automator" application to do this. Open keynote and select a theme so a file to hold your slides is open. Open automator and create a workflow. Select iPhoto on the library pane in automator and drag the action "Ask for photos" to the right pane. Make sure "Allow multiple selection" is checked.
Select keynote in the library pane and drag the action "Create Image slide" under(!) "Ask for photos". They should be connected by "Files/Folders". Set the options according to your likings, then run the script. Automator will let you choose images from the iPhoto library. Just make sure you really select the images (so they have the blue selection rectangle around) in this sheet (lower section of the sheet), not only the iPhotoAlbum or so. Click the arrow to run the workflow. Save it for reuse... 😉
There are powerpoint actions on apples website for download, they should provide you with the same possibilities for this application, but I did not try these.

Greetings
dirk

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2006 7:17 AM in response to Someone2

Hello Someone!

I know of two ways to kind of "batch" automate your process:

1. Your keynote presentation that should hold your slides is open. The keynote window must show the thumbnails of your slides on the left side (Presumably, there is only one there yet - the automatically created first slide - to be seen.) If they are not shown, go to the view menu and select "Navigator". Select all the pictures you want to have in your keynote file in iPhoto and drag them over into the thumbnail view on the left side (not onto the slide!). That should create one slide for each photo.
As for PowerPoint, I don't know whether the things said above work - they should, though. But with powerpoint you can use the application to build a slide show from files in a folder. Well, for this you just have to create a folder of your images from iPhoto, easy enough... 😉

2. If you are on OS X Tiger you can run the "automator" application to do this. Open keynote and select a theme so a file to hold your slides is open. Open automator and create a workflow. Select iPhoto on the library pane in automator and drag the action "Ask for photos" to the right pane. Make sure "Allow multiple selection" is checked.
Select keynote in the library pane and drag the action "Create Image slide" under(!) "Ask for photos". They should be connected by "Files/Folders". Set the options according to your likings, then run the script. Automator will let you choose images from the iPhoto library. Just make sure you really select the images (so they have the blue selection rectangle around) in this sheet (lower section of the sheet), not only the iPhotoAlbum or so. Click the arrow to run the workflow. Save it for reuse... 😉
There are powerpoint actions on apples website for download, they should provide you with the same possibilities for this application, but I did not try these.

Greetings
dirk

iPhoto Album to Keynote/Powerpoint Presentation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.