Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover deleted iPhone Backup?

I was updating my iPhone to iOS 5, and I deleted my iPhone backup before updating to iOS 5. I know this was a stupid thing to do. Is there a way to recover a deleted iPhone backup on a Windows XP PC? I haven't emptied my recycle bin yet, so I'm hoping I can recover the iPhone backup I deleted. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2013 6:12 AM

You can recover deleted iPhone backup at any time. Follow these steps to choose a backup and sync the data to your iPhone.

1. Connect the iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.

2. Open iTunes.

3. If you have a new or erased iPhone, iTunes will prompt you to restore from backup.

4. Otherwise, Control-click on your iPhone under DEVICES in the left menu.

5. Select Restore From Backup...

6. Choose the backup you wish to sync and click the Restore button.

<Link Edited By Host>

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2013 6:12 AM in response to KingHarbor

You can recover deleted iPhone backup at any time. Follow these steps to choose a backup and sync the data to your iPhone.

2. Open iTunes.

3. If you have a new or erased iPhone, iTunes will prompt you to restore from backup.

<Link Edited By Host>

Nov 13, 2013 5:11 AM in response to KingHarbor

You can restore iTunes backups to your iPhone at any time. Follow these steps to choose a backup and sync the data to your iPhone.

2. Open iTunes.

Hope this method can help you recover backup of iPhone. You can have a try!

<Link Edited By Host>

Jun 21, 2013 5:23 AM in response to KingHarbor

When you synchronize your iPhone with iTunes then it automatically create backup of all data. As you say that you deleted your backup by yourself, then it can not be recovered with any manual method. There are also some reason by which stored data is deleted or corrupted due to some problem like storage disk failure, system problem and many more. So if your data is important for you and you really want to get them back then iPhone backup tool restore all your lost iPhone data and create backup of your iPhone easily. I also use the software for same problem and I successfully solved my problem.
I hope this tool also solve your problem.

<Link Edited By Host>

Nov 13, 2013 5:12 AM in response to KingHarbor

Recover or undelete iPhone backup sometimes is a tricky problem. If you use iTunes as your iPhone manager, you should know there is auto backup generated by iTunes when you sync iPhone with it. Yes, iTunes has done the backup for your iPhone indeed. You only need to restore from the iPhone backup file (SQlitedb file) by iPhone Data Recovery.

<Link Edited By Host>

Nov 13, 2013 5:12 AM in response to KingHarbor

Hi friend, when you synchronize your iPhone with iTunes then it automatically create backup of all data.

As you say that you deleted your backup by yourself, then it can not be recovered with any manual method.

There are also some reason by which stored data is deleted or corrupted due to some problem like storage disk failure, system problem and many more.

So if your data is important for you and you really want to get them back then an iPhone backup tool called iPhone Data Recovery restore all your lost data and create backup of your iPhone easily.

I also use the software for same problem and I successfully solved my problem.

I hope this tool also solve your problem.

<Link Edited By Host>

Mar 3, 2014 8:08 PM in response to jodieyilli

jodieyilli wrote:

2. Open iTunes.

are any of these confirmed to be working? I had the same problem except I decided to set up as a new device thinking I could restore from a backup. But then it overwrote my old backup file. So now i lost all my messages, settings since i backed up to my computer instead of icloud.

Mar 3, 2014 8:07 PM in response to hillterry

hillterry wrote:

When you synchronize your iPhone with iTunes then it automatically create backup of all data. As you say that you deleted your backup by yourself, then it can not be recovered with any manual method. There are also some reason by which stored data is deleted or corrupted due to some problem like storage disk failure, system problem and many more.

So if your data is important for you and you really want to recover deleted iPhone Backup then iPhone backup tool restore all your lost iPhone data and create backup of your iPhone easily. I also use the software for same problem and I successfully solved my problem.

<Link Edited By Host>

We may often lose or delete our important data from iPhone. So I think if we have backup in iTunes or iCloud, we can easily get them back when they lost.

<Link Edited by Host>

Feb 17, 2015 5:15 PM in response to KingHarbor

I ran into this issue too :/ Might you have a WinXP backup of your system? If so, restore folders found in:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

(thanks to Dah•veed: Where is my iPhone 4 backup stored in Windows 7?))

For any Mac users who stumble on this thread - Time Machine keeps backups in this directory:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

How do I recover deleted iPhone Backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.