Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update iCal on desktop - not iCloud related

Since Thursday, I have not been successful in updating iCal on my Macbook Pro. When I make changes to iCal on my Macbook, iCal starts the updating process but never finishes. New entries continue to have a check mark next to them (showing that they haven't been updated to the server). I have an iPad and iPhone and cannot sync my calendars between the 3 devices. However, I can successfully log in to MobileMe and access my iCal file this way and have been able to update it. This method has enabled me to sync my iPhone and iPad. Why should I be having problems only with the desktop calendar? I have not yet upgraded to iCloud and am still using MobileMe sync.

I am using the newest version of Lion.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 8:11 PM

Emily...I do not have a fix but there seems to be a pervasive problem with iCal sync (whether MobileMe or iCloud) once the MacBook Pro is upgraded to Lion. There are at least five threads about this dating back to 10/14/11. No one has had a solution. I have an appt to speak to Apple Support tomorrow morning. Keep your fingers crossed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2011 8:11 PM in response to Emily Kessler

Emily...I do not have a fix but there seems to be a pervasive problem with iCal sync (whether MobileMe or iCloud) once the MacBook Pro is upgraded to Lion. There are at least five threads about this dating back to 10/14/11. No one has had a solution. I have an appt to speak to Apple Support tomorrow morning. Keep your fingers crossed.

Cannot update iCal on desktop - not iCloud related

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.