Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app won't load on iCloud.com -- stuck

Hi everyone... I'm having a fit with iCloud mail.

I transferred a mobileme account. I saw email in my icloud mail, but for two days now, I can't get icloud.com mail app to load at all. All other secitons load for me -- I can view and edit contacts, I can look at my calendar, etc... All of it works, EXCEPT mail.

When I log in, it shows the apps in a row. I click on mail, the animation occurs, and then the wheel just spins and spins. After a bit, a modal pop-up reports there's been an error and asks me whether to reload or report to apple. I've been reporting it to apple. Eventually, after retrying over and over, the mail icon in the front page shows a danger traingle with an exclamation point in it and won't work at all....

I've tried different users on this computer. I've emptied the safari cache, and I've restarted. I've tried opening it on other macs... nothing, same behavior.

The problem appears to be with iCloud itself -- for two days, all of my iOS devices and the mac mail app have been acting like my password is invalid (it's not -- everything else is syncing through iCloud)...

The status says all things are working on the iCloud support page, and I've worked through the obvious issues on express lane...

anybody got ideas?

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 5:10 PM

just to update everyone. After a long case with express lane, they've determined that there was actually a bug in my account... it's been sent off to engineering for them to figure out.

so, just in case someone else encouters this problem, where everything else in icloud works but mail, and the icloud.com mail won't load but everything else will, then you likely have a bug beyond your control to fix.

either that or your apple id is haunted.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2011 5:10 PM in response to Ivan Robertovich

just to update everyone. After a long case with express lane, they've determined that there was actually a bug in my account... it's been sent off to engineering for them to figure out.

so, just in case someone else encouters this problem, where everything else in icloud works but mail, and the icloud.com mail won't load but everything else will, then you likely have a bug beyond your control to fix.

either that or your apple id is haunted.

Mail app won't load on iCloud.com -- stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.