Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Footnote Style Not Cooperating

Good day, folks. After reading my background and question, please consult my screenshot (the type's small, but you can see where I've tried to indicate what's going on.

I'm working on a dissertation with lots of footnotes. I'm using a modification of Chicago Manual of Style, 16th ed. which calls for indenting the first line of footnotes (I'm using quarter-inch indentation rather that half-inch). Even though I've updated my style drawer, every time I insert a new footnote, Pages puts the 11pt foonote reference number flush against the left margin and designates the content of the note as Free Form style. This isn't what I want it to be doing.

Is there a way, WITHOUT digging into Pages' code to train the document to, when I insert a footnote, insert that new foonote with my style specifications?

(If there isn't a way to do this without fiddling with code, I know the workaround -- select all the footnotes and then tweak the style specifications.)

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 6:13 PM

There are no replies.

Footnote Style Not Cooperating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.