Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Push Email Not Working Since iOS5 update (Gmail & iCloud accounts)

I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad (3G+WiFi, 1st Gen). I have 2 Gmail accounts set up as Exchange and 1 iCloud .me account set up identically on both the iPhone and the iPad. Email notifications for all 3 email accounts work correctly on my iPad, but none work on my iPhone. The Mail.app is has PUSH enabled, and so do each of the mail accounts under ADVANCED. It appears to fetch instead, as I can get a notification of new email only at the interval that I have set up for fetch (15 minutes, 1 hour, etc.) and if I set that to manual it never notifies me until I go into the app itself and check my mail.

I've tried:

- disabling/re-enabling PUSH (both globally and within the individual accounts).

- added/removed a new folder to sync to see if that would refresh the session or something.

- closed all apps, powercycled the iPhone.

- disabled/re-enabling the accounts.

- deleted/recreated the email accounts.

Any other ideas? It worked prior to iOS5, and like I said earlier the identical settings/accounts work on my iPad. My wife has similar accounts (albeit her own), and they all work fine on her iPhone with the same settings.

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 8:30 PM

6 replies

Oct 16, 2011 12:25 AM in response to Aaron Fleming

Aaron,

I have noticed unstable behavior with iOS5 and Gmail Push (Exchange and Google Sync), meaning sometimes it would deliver email instantly and majority of times there would be a delay between 10 and 25 mins. It seems like that email is not coming at all, however it will come much later!

SOLUTION (which at least had worked for me and nobody has posted on the Internet yet):

Login to your Gmail and go to Settings via web interface. Click on Inbox and switch to No markers under Importance markers, click Save ChangesUser uploaded file.

See if it worked you. Unfortunately I can't explain why Gmail Push works for your wife's accounts and on your iPad with the same settings.

Push Email Not Working Since iOS5 update (Gmail & iCloud accounts)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.