Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Steve died so Apple to. So my iphone. Its time to move to Gill Bates:)

It seems like new ios+new itunes is one big bug for itself. 12 years i using apple products. And this is first time iam dissapoint so much. It driving me mad. Steve died so apple to. So my macbook pro and iphone. Its time to move to Gill Bates:)

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 10:57 PM

14 replies

Oct 16, 2011 2:11 AM in response to Mike Johnson12

After upgrading to iTunes 10.5 and iOS 5 can’t properly perform sync. Can’t sync my iPhoto video library. Every time when i check “include videos” under the photos tab in iTunes it crashes, and non of my videos sync. did you have solution? I never had any problems before this upgrade. Also i have typing problems on iphone after this upgrade, there is huge lags between typing letters it seems like it stack when typing on my phone. And made it almost immposible to type. I made restore a couple of times but nothing. May be i need to redownload ios5 but how? Each time i do restore it restors from already downloaded firmware. I even made a clean restore without backup. And configured my iphone from scrach. Also each time when i syncing my iphone it calculates different amount of data that stored on it. I even redownloaded and reinstaled iTunes… nothing… and during my first attemt to upgrade ios it completly kill my iphone and only after couple restores it brings it to live. Than i have all the iTunes errors what people talking here about. So may be at the and i downloaded the bugous version of ios, but how to redownload it?

Anybody need more to be mad on Apple? I spent 4 days of my life. From 12's october till today trying to figure it out and nothing.

My stuff is : OS X 10.7.2, iTunes 10.5, IOS 5, iPhone 3GS.

Oct 16, 2011 2:19 AM in response to delta90h

The only place you should d/l updates from is the Apple site.

To update the iPhone to iOS 5 you need to do it via iTunes.

I have updated my Mac to 10.7.2, then iTunes to 10.5, the d/l iOS 5 to update my 3GS.

For 10.7.2 it is best to d/l the combo update. Once that is installed you can d/l iTunes 10.5 - install then repair permissions with Disk Utility. Then plug in the 3GS and update to iOS 5 via iTunes.

No problems at all for me.

MJ

Oct 16, 2011 2:36 AM in response to Mike Johnson12

Where all my replies? They gone. So i will post it again

After upgrading to iTunes 10.5 and iOS 5 can’t properly perform sync. Can’t sync my iPhoto video library. Every time when i check “include videos” under the photos tab in iTunes it crashes, and non of my videos sync. did you have solution? I never had any problems before this upgrade. Also i have typing problems on iphone after this upgrade, there is huge lugs between letters it seems like it stack when typing on my phone. And made it almost immposible to type. I made restore a couple of times but nothing. May be i need to redownload ios5 but how? Each time i do restore it restors from already downloaded firmware. I even made a clean restore without backup. And configured my iphone from scrach. Also each time when i syncing my iphone it calculates different amount of data that stored on it. I even redownloaded and reinstaled iTunes… nothing… and during my first attemt to upgrade ios it completly kill my iphone and only after couple restores it brings it to live. Than i have all the iTunes errors what people talking here about. So may be at the and i downloaded the bugous version of ios, but how to redownload it?

My stuff is : OS X 10.7.2, iTunes 10.5, IOS 5, iPhone 3GS.

Oct 16, 2011 2:57 AM in response to delta90h

This summarises my weekend perfectly ! IOS 5 plus Itunes 10.5 = one gigantic FAIL. Trying to add back all my books it will do like half of them then the sync will stop, then next time I connect the iPad it will do a few more then stop. Then next time a few more and then stop again. Same with Music, same with Videos, this on an iPad 1. Less problems with iphone 4 but still wiped all music, videos and books and did not put them back. Spent the better part of a day just trying to get back to where I was before this miserable upgrade. Bitterly disapointed.

Oct 16, 2011 3:14 AM in response to phillh.noumea

Me to!!!! trying to syncronize my videos... it makes one at time (I have 99) than stuck... than shows me that i have 3.5 gig of foto another time 0.57 gig,another 0.87 gig (i did not change nothing)...

And did you try typing on sites ? Say here.. If you can please enter this site from iphone and try typing...

for me its impossible it stuck after each letter.... tryed it on other forums so is there. What we suppose to do between letter typing ? To get coffe or something?

Oct 16, 2011 3:45 AM in response to delta90h

And this is not just emotions and sentiments. I really have A device that didn't work as it should!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday had... today havn't. And nobody can halp my with this....so i angry. that I spent 4 days of my life for something that should serve me and not i should serve him.... And at the end what? Nothing...... I have semi broken phone..

Steve died so Apple to. So my iphone. Its time to move to Gill Bates:)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.