Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 5 crashes a lot....

Ever since i've updated to iOS 5, i've noticed that my app crashes a lot because of low memory....
why is it? iOS 4 was so friendly to me....

Using iPod touch 4G on iOS 5 (Final)

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 11:53 PM

11 replies

Oct 16, 2011 5:03 PM in response to evo85210

I just bought the new white iPod touch 32gb and it won't stop crashing, it is running iOS 5

It mostly crashes when I'm in music, playing music, and turn it on its side to flick between albums, 7/8 times it would crash. I did it 8 times and it crashed 7 times in a row, and the 8th just majorly lagged and and actually froze for a bit

I've tried restoring it but that didn't help at all

And what's funny is that it crashed writing this :D

Have a lot of people been having this? Is this my iPod or is this iOS 5?

Oct 21, 2011 3:17 PM in response to evo85210

My ipod touch has been in state of app crashing also since the IOS 5 update. Low memory usage issues. I have gotten around this with certain apps like the music one by altering the indexing of the playlist that i have setup. I have limited mine to 200 on the smart playlist. This should fix some of your Music app loading problems. I had to do this in itunes then let it sync the objects. It is really disappointing that Apple didnt test the app before the update was released, because it use to just work.

Oct 21, 2011 4:19 PM in response to evo85210

iOS5 is rather new and app store developers are rushing out updates to their apps all the time. Three days ago I found 17 updated apps waiting to download on my iPad2, and again today there were 6 more. All listing iOS5 compatability updates. I recomend giving them time to catch up.

On another note, there are several tried and true methods recomended as over all trouble shooting steps.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

A HARD RESTART, not to be confused with swiping to shut down and turning it on again.

Oct 21, 2011 8:45 PM in response to rikithemonk

I know that some apps aren't ios5 compatible, those apps crash about ten sec after launch.

But I'm dealing with a problem where even ios5 compatible apps crash, to make matters worse, even native apps like safari crashes.

About that hard reset, what do you mean? And what's the procedures for it?

*i've also noticed that ios5 is more laggy then ios4

Oct 22, 2011 1:35 PM in response to evo85210

hey there, i am having exactly the same problems as 09radfordm. Every time i have my music albums showing in swipe mode (ipod touch on its side) the swipe motion will all of a sudden try and move through about 20 to 30 albums. i then get the 'working' circle before it beeps and returns me to the main screen. i have tried restoring, deleting my albums and resyncing them but nothing seems to work. getting really annoyed with it now and just want my ipod back to how it was before the ios 5.0 update.

Oct 30, 2011 6:20 AM in response to evo85210

Mine crashed too. I experience similar problem after updating my software to iOS 5.

It crashes occasionally, whenever some apps are being opened. The phone will go into a Greyish white screen.

I had to force reboot the phone a few times to get the phone working again.

some times , it crashes without me knowing until i try to unlock the phone and realised that the phone was auto shut down for me.

Dec 1, 2011 5:48 PM in response to mattchun8

I have been experiencing frequent crashes when using Chinese Pinyin input since upgraded to iOS5. It happens mostly at message and e-mail app. I had this problem on my 3GS, however, it still happens on my iPhone 4. I had all the software (computer and iPhone) up to date, but it never helps. iOS5 team, please look into this problem!!!!!! it's very frustrating.

iOS 5 crashes a lot....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.