Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 5 slowing down first-gen iPad? FIFA12

Hey guys and girls.

I'm relatively happy with iOS5 on my first gen ipad. Split keyboard is nice, iMessages too. But I've noticed one issue which is getting annoying. I recently got the FIFA12 game by EA and it ran very well. But after upgrading to iOS5, it is getting considerably slower on graphic-heavy situations. Like stadium lights and shadows at the end of the field.

Has anyone else noticed iOS5 slowing down first generation iPads? Not only talking about FIFA 12 but maybe other games and apps as well?

iPad, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 1:09 AM

10 replies

Oct 23, 2011 12:23 PM in response to diggy123

Hey Guys,

I know this may not solve you're problems or make me all that popular, but 1), you gotta give the developers a bit of time to update and 2), what you are experiencing is common with first adopters. On older devices it makes a lot of sense to wait until the first update. By then you will know the issues and any Apple fixes.

iOS 5 slowing down first-gen iPad? FIFA12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.