Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use the location reminder

When I first accessed the new reminders app I clicked 'do not use my location'. However, I want to use the location reminder, but I can not find it in my settings to change my preferences. Anyone know how to turn the location on? Does it even work on 3GS?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 1:30 AM

Settings > Location Services (make sure its on) > Reminders (turn it on)

Cheers!

13 replies

Oct 16, 2011 5:37 AM in response to TheEmilyMe

SO, I have the reminders app, but to do location based reminders or notifications, is it correct that you have to have the location in your contacts? It's not like I am going to add every store that I frequent to my contacts? Is there an easier way? this is my first iPhone, I was an Android guy, with all kinds of easy ways of doing this, I am finding the iPhone trying, at best.

Oct 20, 2011 5:55 PM in response to shafir

shafir,

I had the same problem. By trial and error I turned off the reminders coming from my work-place microsoft exchange server account in "Mail, Contacts, Calendars". Left mail, and calendar, contacts etc on but turned off reminders. The only reminders in "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" that I left on is in iCloud.

The reminder app then appeared in the "location services" list and can be turned on.

Feb 22, 2012 10:09 AM in response to _NDB

This worked for me as well. Thanks!

"

shafir,

I had the same problem. By trial and error I turned off the reminders coming from my work-place microsoft exchange server account in "Mail, Contacts, Calendars". Left mail, and calendar, contacts etc on but turned off reminders. The only reminders in "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" that I left on is in iCloud.

The reminder app then appeared in the "location services" list and can be turned on.

"

How to use the location reminder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.