Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded aperture update from app store now asking for serial number

Hello.

I downloaded the update thought The App store yesturday for Aperture 3, Now it is asking me for a Serial Number to use the softwear. anyone know what is going on? and how to find the serial Number (it says to find it on my packaging but its from the appstore i dont have packaging)

Thanks for your Help

Rich

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 11:56 AM

Something got confused. Some how you ended up with the update to the box version rather than the version loaded from the App Store.

You can delete Aperture (the app not the libraries) from the Application folder and then go to the App Store sign in with the ID you used to purchase Aperture and then download it again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2011 11:56 AM in response to rmharrison

Something got confused. Some how you ended up with the update to the box version rather than the version loaded from the App Store.

You can delete Aperture (the app not the libraries) from the Application folder and then go to the App Store sign in with the ID you used to purchase Aperture and then download it again.

Nov 3, 2011 8:03 AM in response to rmharrison

I am having the same problems and have purchased Aperture 3 in June and gone through two upgrades and then the latest cloud upgrade which may be the second or 3rd upgrade wants me to put a non existant serial number and I purchased off the app store?

Dont tell me that I have to delete and download again. I dont have time for all that again and again.

Does anybody know a workaround.

Is there a software link in the UK to complain to Apple Support about this issue as it is time wasting and seems that Apple does not give a stuff about customer support outside of the USA?!!

Downloaded aperture update from app store now asking for serial number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.