Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 5 MS Exchange Problem on iPhone 4

I have updated my iPhone 4 with the new iOS 5. The only issue I am having is that my email (a gmail account) that I use with Microsoft Exchange keeps giving me a "Password Incorrect: Enter the password for the Exchange account." error message. I deleted the mail account, added it again, and it verifies with all check marks just fine. However, the moment you go to check your email, this message pops up. I don't want to use it as POP due to using gmail calendar instead of my mac one. Does anyone know how to solve this? My password is correct, is entered case-sensitive, and etc. I searched the forums, but the other person solved theirs with just re-adding it which isn't working for me.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and support.

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 3:27 AM

78 replies

Oct 18, 2011 3:47 PM in response to Nydado3

I'm experiencing the same issues. I can sync my gmail and calendar just fine using the gmail sync account but when I attempt to create a Microsoft exchange account to sync my contacts it says I have entered a incorrect password. It seems to recognize the account in the previous step but after the account has been created a "Enter the password for the Exchange Account " message appears. I have made sure to enter my password correctly taking into account case sensitivity. I have tried deleting and recreating the account. I have also tried only syncing contacts versus syncing contacts, mail, and the calendar. None of this seems to help.

Suggestions are appreciated.

iPad 1 running iOS 5

Oct 18, 2011 8:47 PM in response to lanie3261

I too am experiencing an error. I updated to iOS 5 (iPhone 4) on Saturday. My MS Exchange email worked fine Saturday, Sunday and Monday AM. In the early afternoon, it just stopped and now the account is unable to be verified. I have re-started, tried to restore to factory setting and previous restore points but still have issues. I have also deleted the account and re-set it up. My iPad 1 has the same issue.

Does anyone know if IT can modify the MS Exchange servers to block a certain iOS? It seems odd that it would work and then just stop, almost as if someone flipped a switch.

Oct 19, 2011 1:33 AM in response to lanie3261

we are also experiencing similer problems after updating both our iphone 4's to ios5. microsoft exchange will not verify my account even though i am using the exact same settings as before. have tried deleting icloud, reseting network settings, deleting email account on phone but get stuck re-entering the information. have restarted the server and nothing has changed on that.

what makes it worse is that the old windows mobile phones have never had a problem accessing emails....

Oct 20, 2011 5:17 AM in response to lanie3261

The CEO of my company is having the same issue right now. iPhone 4s iOS5 on Verizon.

I have the 4s also but am on AT&T and have no issues. I am trying to figure out what the difference is. He is experiencing the issue only at night. He came in this morning with the 2 error messages he said he got last night but around 7:30am this morning heading into work his exchange account did a sync. The only other thing that I have found related to this is that some people are experiencing the issue while using their WiFi. so I am wondering once he leaves his house and hits the Verizon netowrk again the connection is re-established.

Oct 20, 2011 6:30 AM in response to lanie3261

I received this thread via Google alert because I have some other questions re: Exchange integration (want to understand if anyone has achieved integration with the iOS 5 Notes App). However, I wanted to post that I am successfully using (corporate) Exchange/iOS 5 integration for Mail, Contacts, Calendar and Reminders (Tasks) with no issues on an iPhone 4S. I also have an iCloud account configured on my phone. So I'm not sure it is a general iOS 5 issue, but maybe an issue based on specific Exchange configuration.

Oct 20, 2011 7:02 AM in response to CiscoFlunky75

I just spoke with our IT department and they are aware of the issue with several other people (including himself) and they are "working" on a solution. He did not have a real answer other than a "network incompatibility." I'll keep everyone posted if I hear more, but he thought it may be a couple of weeks. 😟

For a network incompatibility, I find it difficult to believe that the exchange server was working fine for 2.5 days and then all of a sudden disappeared.

Oct 21, 2011 4:45 AM in response to lanie3261

Hi,

I have an iPhone 4 updated recently to iOS 5. I have had the same problem today - sudden error message about an "Exchange Password Incorrect". I have solved it by deleting my iCloud account. And then removing all my accounts and reloading them one at a time. But the main difference being that - whereas last time when I loaded my Google Mail account it refused to load as a 'GMail' account and I had to use the 'Exchange' option -this time it loaded correctly as a Gmail account. Fingers crossed it wont stop again!

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Oct 24, 2011 11:50 AM in response to lanie3261

Here is the Problem:

IOS5 + iCloud + Microsoft Exchange = Huge Problem.

The problem seems to be caused by the contacts, so what you basically need to do is remove iCloud from your IOS5, Reset Network Settings and then your MS Exchange will work. If you activate iCloud again you will once again end up with MS Exchange not working and eating your battery to pieces.

No idea how to log the problem with Apple so hopefully one of you guys can confirm this and logg the error with them.

iCloud reactivation will work if you NOT Sync Contacts though.

Best of Luck to you all.

Oct 24, 2011 7:31 PM in response to From Cape Town

From Cape Town,

How did you remove iCloud? I have signed out of the iCloud account on the phone and on my computer. I was looking for a disable button, but could not find. Also, after I signed out in both locations and then reset the network, I then restarted the phone and tried to re-add the exchange server. Unfortunately I had no success.

Thanks in advance.

iOS 5 MS Exchange Problem on iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.