Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie '11: can't share videos on youtube

Hello there, this is my first post in the community. I'm having an issue with the newest version of iMovie '11 (9.0.4) on SL 10.6.8.

I prepared some projects with extension .rcproject and wanted to share them on youtube with the key Share on the menubar. I can write my account and password, can choose the quality for the export and do anything, but... as i press on next and share, i become an error message. I tried many times without success. I tried to upload the project manually from my youtube account, but doesn't work. After, i picked the .mov file from the iMovie directory (manually from the finder) and could finally upload it. Sharing the same Video directly from the project on Facebook (.rcproject with the iMovie share key) worked properly. It seems to be a bug or problem with directly sharing on youtube. I know, youtube doesn't accept the format .rcproject, but why doing a simple sharing function in iMovie, if doesn't work?

Have anyone else the same issue?

Thank you very much for your support.

Greetings, Fausto

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 4:07 AM

2 replies

Oct 17, 2011 1:20 PM in response to f.ree

Yes, the problem with Share to YouTube is sometimes there's an issue with the login and the upload just doesn't work. It doesn't give you an error or anything. So the method most off prescribed to get around this problem is to go to the Share Menu > Export Movie... (choose large size) and save it to the Desktop. Quit iMovie altogether. Then open a web browser, login to the YouTube website and upload directly through the web browser to YouTube. This will work most times without a problem and choosing large size ensures that YouTube's conversion has as much information to work with as possible before it appears on their website.

iMovie '11: can't share videos on youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.