Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages iPhone impossible to activate iCloud

Hi there,

I have Pages on my iPad 2 and my iPhone 4 (both IOS 5), iCloud configured on both. iCloud stores my documents from pages iPad without any troubles (I can see them on iCloud.com) but it doesn't work on my iPhone.

The problem on the iPhone is I can't activate iCloud for Pages (same for Numbers and Keynote on my iPhone). After updating to IOS 5 and launching for the first time Pages 1.5 the app doesn't ask to use iCloud or not.

Each time I try to activate it from the settings (Settings > Pages > Use iCloud) it's automatically deactivated when I open Pages.

I have the same problem with Numbers and Keynote, working on iPad but not on iPhone.

I tried to reboot the phone, to delete all the documents from iCloud and sync again ... but nothing append ...

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 4:01 AM

15 replies

Oct 16, 2011 11:04 AM in response to tinche77

Same here. It was all working until I installed 10.7.2 on my Macbook Pro, and it moved my MobileMe over. Now whenever I set "Use iCloud" to ON, it keeps setting it back off. I can access iCloud over the web and uploaded some documents but cannot access them with either my iPhone or my iPad. I've tried restores (using a backup) and still the problem exists. It looks like the "Backup to iCloud" works, calendar and contacts are syncing, but no Pages/Numbers/Keynote usage of iCloud.

Oct 16, 2011 11:13 AM in response to tinche77

Hey guys, I found a solution in another thread. In that case, others had an "extra" Mail account for iCloud (mine was actually a transferred MobileMe account that looked exactly like an iCloud account). They deleted the extra Mail/Calendars/Notes account, then used the "master" iCloud setting and logged back in to iCloud. I did this too and everything syned back up.

Oct 19, 2011 7:51 PM in response to tinche77

Hi. I hope someone can help me. I managed to upgrade my iPad to iOS5 recently. When I opened the Numbers app in my iPad, it asked for the iCloud activation, but I ignored it and went to use the app since I didn't have internet service at that time. When I had internet already, I activated Pages and Keynote and it now works fine in iCould but I could not get Numbers to activate anymore. The start up page in Numbers to activate to iCloud doesn't appear anymore. How do I get Numbers to activate for iCloud?

I tried deleting the iCloud account like how I read in one of the posts here, but the problem is still there.

Thanks for the help.

Nov 30, 2011 8:49 PM in response to tinche77

I am getting the same problem, that is "Each time I try to activate it from the settings (Settings > Pages > Use iCloud) it's automatically deactivated when I open Pages." However I have only one account, my Apple ID. I have tried everything to get it working, including restoring my phone, reinstalling the apps, and deleting the account, but no good. And now Numbers and Pages are not syncing with iCloud.

Jan 13, 2012 12:11 PM in response to laurentboes

Make sure you delete other @mac.com or @me.com than your PRIMARY iCloud account from your Mail, Calendar & Contacts in Settings. They seem to be interfering with the primary account and the documents upload to icloud.com/iwork.

After, you just have to re-enter UN and PW for your other mail, calendar & contacts...

Hope this helps. I have 2 other @me accounts i deleted and it worked.

e.

Pages iPhone impossible to activate iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.