Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with issues with Home Sharing/IOS5/iTunes 10.5

Hello. Was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. Updated my iPad 1, Apple TV 2g, iTunes 10.5, and IOS5. Turned on my Apple TV and Home Sharing is not working. Rebooted EVERYTHING. Still nada. Entered 3 ports that Apple recommended on my router. Nothing. Went to my Firewall and selected "ALLOW ALL INCOMING CONNECTIONS". BINGO!! Only Thing that worked. I really do not want to keep my firewall down. Anyone have any suggestions? I know Cloud will not work until I upgrade to Lion. So could that be the problem with my Home Sharing on Apple TV and iPad?

Also, funny thing......Even though I couldn't load my computer library on Apple TV2 until I dropped my firewall. It still saw the name of my library and was still able to run the screen saver of pictures from the iPhoto library. Strange. Or am I just missing something too easy???? Help please..........

Running:

Mac OS X 10.5.8 Desktop

iPad 1g

Apple TV 2g

Linksys Wireless-G 2.4 GHz Model#: WRT54GS

iTunes 10.5

iOS5

Thanks,

Stick😕

AppleTV 2, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 5:23 AM

Also, yes all my usernames and passwords were entered correctly.........

4 replies

Oct 21, 2011 6:29 AM in response to STICKMANN64

I'm having same problem, there's another thread on it... but yes.. everything worked perfectly for me, as soon as I upgraded to 10.5 nothing works. AppleTV, 3 iPhones & 2 iPads all fail to connect.. it's a bug/defect in iTunes or Bonjour that is preventing it from reliably connecting to devices.

Do you also notice that sometimes it does all of a sudden work? and do you also notice that WiFi syncing is intermittent and that iTunes hangs for 10-30 seconds constantly?

Oct 24, 2011 3:53 PM in response to STICKMANN64

I am also having the same problem. I have a 13 inch, MacBook Pro 2010 model with iPhone 3GS and Apple TV 2. I have had no problems with any of these devices until I upgraded all to iOS 5. The Apple TV drops my homesharing library constantly - mid movie, mid song, between movies or albums. It has yet to make it more than 1hr since iOS 5 without dropping. However, Netflix, YouTube and of course the store seems to work fine. All other applications on my MacBook Pro and iPhone are having no issues and my I have checked my router ,my connections, my passwords and user names and also done all of the above. Definitely an Apple issue.

Also AirPlay with my iPhone to Apple TV is randomly dropping and not showing, nor our my shared libraries from device to device.

As for wi-fi syncing, it works intermittently and when it doesn't, it appears there is nothing I can do or have found online that seems to help. So I wait for it randomly to work again.

Hopefully there will be an update to iOS 5 soon for all devices (and iTunes) as right now, my Apple TV is just an expensive piece of black plastic.

Has anyone had luck with fixing this yet?

Help with issues with Home Sharing/IOS5/iTunes 10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.