2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2011 6:08 AM by hlumbard
hlumbard Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Upgraded my iPhone and my wife's iPhone (both 3GS to OS5) and our MacBook to Lion.  Contacts are syncing betweenboth phones when one makes a change it shows up on the other iPhone too.  Awesome!  But we can't get them on our mac for anything!

In iCloud preferences I check off contacts and it says starting and then stays checked.  When I close system preferences and open back up the contacts is UNCHECKED.  Any thoughts?  Also, the address book app is blank.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • hlumbard Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Upon further investigation I can't do ANYTHING in adress book.  It doesn't let me create a new contact or anything.  I'm thinking there's something wrong with the app, not iCloud.  Is there a way to reinstall address book?  Maybe I'm missing some preferences in the Library folder?

• hlumbard Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

The end.  I had previously been using dropbox to sync contatcs.  On the mac there was still a forgotton alias poiting to nowhere (drop box address book I got rid of after iCloud).  Just deleted the file and started address book again and it created the folder it needed.