Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving Bento into the iCloud

I am using Bento on four devices and there are two separate Bento databases. I am trying to make them aggregate into one database in the iCloud. I have upgraded and updated all of the devices to include the latest version of Bento, iOS5 and Mac OS 10.7.2. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 6:05 AM

4 replies

Oct 27, 2011 1:26 AM in response to JMACTAS

I highly doubt that Bento is cloud-aware. But they have sync built in the Desktop App :

Before icloud arrived ( and today still ) a sync between Bento v4 on Lion ( works also in Snow ) and the Bento iOS version is possible via Wifi only, no cloud magic in there. Just wifi on OSX and iOS needed.

in Bento4 on OSX you go "File" -> "sync with device" ( or similar named entry in non-german Bento )

then a preference pane opens that says to launch Bento on iOS over wifi, so the two bentos, Desktop and mobile one can see each other. You then must pair them via a codenumber and then the OSX database is synced with the iOS one. You can even use the various "templates" that exist for Desktop Bento to get these over into the mobile one.

That's all there is to do.

So in order for more then one device you would repeat that step for each one, thus having them all on par. No iCloud there, still all built into Bento itself.

Moving Bento into the iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.