Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage and contacts

Since activating iMessage on a 4 of our family members iphones, my daughter now does not have the persons name showing in her contacts but their phone number instead. She is in the Grendadines with her iphone and I have actually discontinued her caller ID from our service provided to save some $ but we have been texting occaisionally and her caller ID hadn't been effected before.

Anyone know why this might have happened?

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 8:23 AM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2011 8:54 AM in response to Kat2007

OK, actually she just made her own apple id because I thought it might have had something to do with that but still no go...they are still numbers, not names. Their names are in her contacts but at the top of the message screen it shows a number and not a name. She tried imessage with other people she has in her contacts and it is working fine. It is just the 4 of us.

OHHH I hate when this stuff takes way too much time to get back to normal....frustrating 🙂

Oct 16, 2011 9:51 AM in response to Kat2007

I'm having the same problem. I've tried add/removing the '+1' before all my numbers, nothing. My replies are coming in as new messages, not in the same thread in which I sent the original message. My iMessages aren't going through at all, nor are they converting to SMS. I'm at a loss for possible solutions. I'm going to the Apple Store today and i'll let you know what I find out.

iMessage and contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.