Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth

new iPhone 4S Bluetooth doesnt work. I have a 16G and a 64G and I can not get either one to work with my earbud. Is this an ios5 problem or phone problem?

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 9:35 AM

13 replies

Jan 4, 2012 3:50 AM in response to Robert Cantrell

I have 4s ios5 and having the same problem, i cannot even access settings for bluetooth, it simply has "searching and "now discoverable" displayed, i am tygin to connect to plantronics headset which i had no problem with on old I phone 4.

The Bluetooth logo up the top is greyed out while in Bluetooth settings but dissapears as if it isnt on when i go out.

May 17, 2012 3:07 AM in response to Robert Cantrell

I have problem with my Bluetooth too. I have iPhone 4 wit iOS 5.1.1 and use some headsets from Plantronics, Jabra, Blade and have every time the same problem with any of them. The pairing procedure is going always very well, but when I switch off any of the headsets for longer tome, for example more than 1 hour and then switch on the headset again, the headset cannot be connected to the iPhone automatically, nevertheless that the Bluetooth is on in searching mode. Very occasionally I found out the following procedure which works:

Settings>General>Bluetooth Off>Bluetooth On> Tap on the device name to connect

and the connection is established.

It is but very bore to do this every time when I sit in my car and as usual I am in a hurry. I tried different thinks like to delete the device and pair it again or to reboot deeply the iPhone but nothing helps. Has anyone solution for this problem?

Aug 28, 2013 7:07 PM in response to Robert Cantrell

Apple MUST improve the Bluetooth connectivity amongst ite own products first. This blue connectivity MUST be independent of the following as this is one of the communication options amongst WiFi, Bluetooth, Cellular (data plan), Personal Hotspot. Bluetooth MUST NOT be hiding under WiFi or Cellular data/Personal Hotspot at all.

This will make the family members or one with a few Apple devices to share stuff with the devices. We have not even included other android phones.

Shouldn't Apple lead in this techie thing?

Nov 9, 2013 3:52 PM in response to Srkk-srkk

Agreed. I'm already regretting upgrading from my rock solid iPhone 4s to the iPhone 5s. The old phone connected via Bluetooth to my Subaru, my Bose headset and home answering system and never had a issue, I could leave my iPhone in my backpack toss it in the car and it connected to the Subaru headset. The same went for my Bose headset now every time I want to use any Bluetooth device I have to open the iPhone 5s and connect manually. This is UNACCEPTABLE APPLE! Both phone are running the latest version IOS so the issue is the iPhone 5s.

bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.