Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal google delete event sync error

iCal 5.0.1

OS X Lion 10.7.2

I have configured iCal to sync with my gmail accounts for mail and calendar (my own domain in gmail). All works fine except I cannot delete events in iCal. Specifically, when I delete an iCal event, I get a server error 302, please check URL. But adding events works fine. Help please!

Thanks in advance.

iCal 5-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Google apps domain

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 9:48 AM

7 replies

Oct 21, 2011 10:46 PM in response to Pasikaj

I am experiencing the same problem. I noticed this problem AFTER I had upgraded to Lion. Before then, everything had been working seamlessly fine under Snow Leopard; iCal on my Macbook, iPad, and Evo 4G would sync in real-time (deleting, updating,etc.). But ever since I upgrade to Lion, changes only seem to be one- directional, meaning that I could delete from which ever device I used but the changes DID NOT sync with Google. I tried with, not only the Gmail account in the preferences of iCal but also with Microsoft Exchange. Neither one would give bi-directional synchronization.

Nov 4, 2011 2:53 PM in response to Pasikaj

Google is specifically disallowing Delete events only from iCal.

This makes it easier on people running into the iCloud problem, but I don't use iCloud and just want to have iCal sync with Google Calendar normally, including deleting events.

Is there anyone who might know a way to edit, say, a configuration file inside of iCal so that it fools Google Calendar into thinking it's a different application?

Is there something in the iCalendar sync process similar to User Agents in web browsers that could be spoofed to re-enable proper sync?

Nov 9, 2011 6:05 PM in response to Matt Mayfield

I am having the same issues, in fact I started a thread about it not long ago asking the same thing. I have ios5 on my iphone4, but only snow leopard on my MBP. I never upgraded to Lion, nor turned on the icloud functionality.

very frustrating as this appears to be a large bug affecting man, many users that has now been going on for quite a few weeks.

-Chris

Jan 10, 2012 1:25 AM in response to Pasikaj

I faced the same issue and it seems like this is a workaround: if you wanna delete an event from your Google calendar using iCal, select the event, switch it to another calendar (for example your local one), and then delete it. It looks like moving the event to another calendar removes it from the Google calendar without the issue of re-appearing.

-Martin

iCal google delete event sync error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.