Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri language support

what language does siri support?

does it only work in english?

plz help.

😕

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 10:19 AM

7 replies

Oct 18, 2011 5:36 AM in response to peterfromcoquitlam

I will just paste something from the official page on Siri.

Language Support and Availability

Siri works exclusively on iPhone 4S. Siri understands and can speak the following languages:

• English (United States, United Kingdom, Australia)
  • French (France)
  • German (Germany)

In 2012, Siri will support additional languages, including Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Italian, and Spanish.

Now I Have a iPhone 3GS with iOS5, and Siri in Danish. Alas it only controles the Phone and the iPod.

So Siri is part of iOS5 on all phones capable of running iOS5, and it is in other languages allso.

I hope this is of some help.

And it works fairly okay too, there is some issues on Danish and our pre and surnames where it goes wrong, but I sort of expected that.

Jan 7, 2012 12:59 PM in response to Mr Brainmaster

HelloHappy NewYear to you!

(Excuse for errors, I Russian)

Youpreviouslywrote:

Siri works exclusively on iPhone 4S.Siri understands and can speak the following languages:

English (United States, United Kingdom, Australia)

French (France)

German (Germany)

In2012, Siri will support additional languages, including Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Italian, and Spanish.

Tell me please,and in 2012the Russian language wasalso added, oronly those thatyou listed??

Thank you in advancefor your answer....(the answerplease writeto: online555@mail.ru)

Jan 7, 2012 1:46 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

I meant article:

(http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/siri-faq.html)

Siri works exclusively on iPhone 4S. Siri understands and can speak the following languages:

• English (United States, United Kingdom, Australia)
  • French (France)
  • German (Germany)

In 2012, Siri will support additional languages, including Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Italian, and Spanish.

Question: Only these languages will be, or here not all are listed?

siri language support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.