Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sort problems in apple tv 2 events after updating to iphoto 9.2

After updating to iphoto 9.2 and iTunes 10.5 the following problem occurs in apple tv 2:

When I import new photos to iphoto on my new Mac Mini and watch them on apple tv 2, the according new event is shown in apple tv 2 as the last event on the very end (I sort fotos by name putting 201110..+day number on the beginning as event name in descending order). The older events do remaine in the correct order as before (up to an event called "20110924 Marriage ...". So I have to scroll down years on my apple tv 2 to reach the newest events. Only the newest events (since October "20111009 ...") are put to the very end. This is strange.

In iphoto itself everything is fine and in correct order.

I think it is a itunes or iphoto problem on my Mac Mini, because everything is still fine when watching photos from my MacBook Pro iPhoto Library via apple tv 2.

Does anybody have the same problem or know a solution? I already did all the "repair and rebuild things" in iphoto, but nothing helped.

Thanks!

E

AppleTV 2, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 11:46 AM

14 replies

Oct 16, 2011 3:17 PM in response to ernst1000

This might sound like a weird suggestion but if I got your question right you get the photos displayed with the newest at the top and oldest at the bottom if you watch photos from your MacBook Pro but they're with the oldest at the top and newest at the bottom if you watch them from your Mac Mini, right?

Have you checked in iPhoto on both your MacBook Pro and Mac Mini under View -> Sort Events. Same order on your MacBook Pro & Mac Mini? Just a suggestion.

Oct 17, 2011 1:14 AM in response to petand

Thanks for your helpful hint, but unfortunatly it did not solve the problem. I know, its rather difficult to explain:

I use the same order on MacBook Pro & Mac Mini (sorted by name in descending order). Both display the photos in iphoto correct as follows:

"20111009 London

20111008 Festival

20110924 Marriage

20110820 Summer

20110617 Italy

20110524 Spring

...etc...

20030101 Wintertrip"

But on apple tv 2 - only when using the Mac Mini as the source - the order is wrong like this (on apple tv 2):

"20110924 Marriage

20110820 Summer

20110617 Italy

20110524 Spring

...etc...

20030101 Wintertrip

20111008 Festival

20111009 London"

Using my MacBook Pro as source for the apple tv 2: everything is fine, the sort order on my apple tv 2 is correct. I imported "20111008 Festival" and "20111009 London" both after the update to iOS5, when I returned from London. I updated my Mac Mini, MacBook Pro and my apple tv 2 (ios5, iphoto 9.2 and iTunes 10.5).

I did another test and changed the sort order on the Mac Mini to be sorted by date and in ascending order. This had no effect to the way the photos are displayed on apple tv 2. The photos are still displayed wrong as described above ("20111008 Festival" and "20111009 London" are put to the very end). It seems, as if apple tv 2 does simple ignore the sort order given by Mac Mini. On apple tv 2 I have to scroll down to the very end to watch my Festival photos and my London photos.

I have two apple tv 2 and the problem is just the same. This is why I thought it might be a problem of my Mac Minis iphoto library or the way it is transmitted via iTunes.

E.

Oct 18, 2011 11:13 AM in response to petand

This solved the problem, thank you!

I had to copy the whole 60 GB iphoto library from my MacBook Pro to my Mac Mini. Fortunately I own a second identical library on my MacBook Pro, which seems to be fine. Now my apple tv 2 displays the correct sort order again.

Obviously the iphoto library on the Mac Mini was corrupt...... Unfortunately, the library could not be repaired using the standard tools of iphoto. That makes me a bit worried about iphoto, even it is such a cool photomanger and I like it a lot.

But the problem is solved, therefore thanks a lot for your help!🙂

E.

Mar 24, 2012 6:31 AM in response to petand

I have a similar problem. I have my 15,000 photo/video library in iPhoto 11 on my Mac mini server. When I try to view it on my apple tv it's sorted oldest first and I have to scroll 15,000 images down to see newest photos/videos. Also it has thousands of events to sort through.

How do I reverse order on sort so newest is at top?

Sort problems in apple tv 2 events after updating to iphoto 9.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.