Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will "Reminders" on my iPh4 (OS5) synch with my Mac?

If I use the new "Reminders" app in iOS 5 on my iPhone 4, will these reminders be synched or backed-up with an iTunes synch? (I synch with Office Mac '11 Outlook for Calender, Contacts & Notes)? I am reading that they will be backed up and (potentially) synched thru iCloud, but I am not using iCloud (yet) because my Mac is still running Snow Leopard (and will be for awhile), so I don't see any advantage to iCloud if my only potential synch target is my Mac, which can't use iCloud until I upgrade. But maybe the need to back-up Remindes is a reason to use iCloud, if they're not backed-up any other way?? Comments appreciated.

iPhone 4, Other OS, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 1:01 PM

Reminders are part of the iPhone backup, wherever it goes (iCloud, Mac via cable or Mac via iTunes). However, I haven't found an app that they sync with. They do appear in iCloud, but I've found it to be "quirky", in that Reminders in iCloud have different fields and capabilities than those on the iPhone.

2 replies

Will "Reminders" on my iPh4 (OS5) synch with my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.