Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i delete all contacts from my iPhone 4

How do i delete all the contacts in my iphone 4?

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 1:51 PM

21 replies

Jul 25, 2012 6:41 PM in response to melindafromtexas

iCloud also isn't sycning my contacts. I just tried the suggestion to delete every contact from every device. Manually. One at a time. With 227 contacts, that was a miserable 1,135 swipes on my iPhone. I restarted the iPhone, imported my backup contacts on my Mac, and BOOM! Nothing. Now I have no contacts on my iPhone.

iCloud preferences on both iPhone and Mac are set to sync contacts. What else can I do? There's no way apparently to instigate a sync via iCloud. Go back to iTunes and keep syncing the old way? Wonderful.

Jul 25, 2012 7:28 PM in response to melindafromtexas

Okay so I've been playing around with it. There are way too many places to turn on and turn off contact syncing! It's really absurd. Not only do you have to enable it through system preferences on the iPhone and on the Mac and other devices, but you also have to make sure "Default account" in system prefs is set to "iCloud' and not exchange, and you have to make sure to go to Address Book preferences on the Mac and check "Enable" under "iCloud" and then manually move your contacts to the "iCloud" slot (in address book) from the "On My Mac" slot. And that's just what I found before I finally got it to work.

***? Anyway, it's working now for me.

Sep 21, 2012 4:26 PM in response to The Bryan

I followed your instruction for deleting contacts from my iPhone4, and it worked. The problem I now have is that the screen turned black, and there is a little "worm" spinning around. I tried turning off the 'phone, or pressing the back button (in the middle of the bootom), but nothing has helped.

What do I do now? Anybody - HELP!

How do i delete all contacts from my iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.