Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps stuck in "Waiting" stage in iOS 5

When I download an app, it never downloads. It's just stuck in the waiting stage of downloading the app. It only happens in iOS 5, from my experence of all the iOS firmware.

iPod Touch 4G, iOS 5.0

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 2:15 PM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2011 2:22 PM in response to Noahwl

The waiting happens all the time. It is not unique to iOS 5. To resolve try:

- Resetting the iPod. Nothing will be lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Download the apps on the computer and sync. They may alredy be downloaded if you have checked the option to automatically download purchased items to the computer/iTunes library.

- Restore the iPod from backup

Oct 24, 2011 6:26 AM in response to lllaass

User uploaded fileI have literally TENS of apps on screen after screen on my iPad 2 that are in the waiting state. And there's also one in the background apps that come up when I double click the HOME button that refuses to quit/close. I manually closed the tens of apps, each time agreeing to delete them, etc., only to see them reappear again.

If I "Sync Apps" to my computer (rather than wirelessly in iOS5), I will lose my existing apps & their content, the folder arrangements, etc..

User uploaded file

Apps stuck in "Waiting" stage in iOS 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.