Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S battery life is half of what it should be.

My wife's iPhone 4S battery life is half of what it was with her old 3GS and half of what I get with iPhone 4. She can't get through a day's light use on a single charge. No games, no videos.

This is either a defective phone or a bug.

If it's a bug I wonder if it's a MobileMe problem. Both her old and new phone have Google ActiveSync (calendar), MobileMe (find my iphone, sync Contacts), and IMAP (because Google's ActiveSync email archives what should be deleted). Of these 3 MobileMe would be least tested.

Anyone have any ideas on the cause of this dramatically shortened battery life?

If we don't come up with a software fix I'll take it to the Apple store. Software fix would be more convenient, which is why I'm asking here.

PS.

32GB,

Bluetooth disabled

WiFi autoconnect disabled

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 3:07 PM

Responding to my own post.

This stream has the same question (surprised Apple's question algorithm didn't find it):

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3397752

Emily has an IMAP account, and there's a longstanding iOS bug with restoring from backup when an IMAP/POP account is part of the backup. Amazingly the bug appears to be current!

I deleted and restored her IMAP account. We'll see if that does the trick.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2011 3:07 PM in response to jfaughnan

Responding to my own post.

This stream has the same question (surprised Apple's question algorithm didn't find it):

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3397752

Emily has an IMAP account, and there's a longstanding iOS bug with restoring from backup when an IMAP/POP account is part of the backup. Amazingly the bug appears to be current!

I deleted and restored her IMAP account. We'll see if that does the trick.

iPhone 4S battery life is half of what it should be.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.