Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders not syncing in the cloud

Put in some reminders in my phone but not seeing them in my IPad reminders

iPad 2, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 4:36 PM

23 replies

Oct 19, 2011 10:26 AM in response to Orangekat

I just received my iPhone 4S and have set up my iCloud mail on it. I am able to create reminders that appear in a list titled "Home". I have a calendar in iCal that corresponds (at least to the best of my knowledge) to "Home". When I choose "Get Info" about that calendar, it clearly shows it as an iCloud calendar named "Home". Yet my reiminders just appear on the iPhone. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Oct 19, 2011 4:11 PM in response to Nestor Holynskyj

If you enter a reminder on your iPhone under the home list does it show in your iCal? What I found is that it seems to distinguish between icoud list and those that are only local. If you enter items under the local list they don't sync but if you do it to an iCloud list it. Works. I tried creating a new iCloud list on iCal first by selecting File, new reminders list, then iCloud. It should immediately sync. If not check to make sure the same icoud account is set up on both your Mac and iPhone.

Dec 3, 2011 7:21 AM in response to rsaugust

I have the same problem, but the solution still evades me. I can create and sync iCloud reminders between my iPhone and the cloud, but I don't have an option on my desktop iCal (where all my current reminders are) to enter a new iCloud Reminder. When I edit an existing one or create a new one, my only choices are "home" and "work" and "Gmail calendar." The calendars themselves all sync just fine, though, so I can see all my events, but not the reminders. Help?

May 13, 2012 9:29 PM in response to tklmom

Responding to an old thread, but just now attacking this problem.

What if I have 10 items on my list and I want to move the whole list to iCloud? I'd have to first create a list there, then move every item to it. As I recently bought an iPad, I'd like to move all my phone-only lists to the Cloud, but this is more daunting than it should be.

Reminders not syncing in the cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.