Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo wants to sync, and I keep saying NO!

I keep getting a yahoo contact sync alert every thirty minutes or so - most annoying as I don't want to sync any contacts, and it wants to sync with a deleted account. This happened after the upgrade to Lion. I have checked iCal and address book and email. No reference to Yahoo, but popup still occurs. HELP!

MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 7:17 PM

22 replies

Nov 4, 2011 8:41 AM in response to monknamini

I *think* I may have fixed mine. I still had the MobileMe sync icon in my menu bar, but the option to display/not display that icon isn't available after converting to iCloud. I did a search on how to remove it, and found someone in that thread say that removing that icon helped with other problems they were having (but the person didn't elaborate on what those other problems were). When I read that, I realized that the sync icon was rotating every time that popup about Yahoo would come up. I removed the sync icon from my menu bar and so far no more Yahoo sync popups. I'm going to wait a little longer before I give a definite yes that it fixed the popup issue.

To remove it: hold down the command key and drag the icon off of the menu bar.

Nov 4, 2011 11:09 AM in response to monknamini

OK...I think I've narrowed this down to being a MobileMe issue. There's apparently still something going on with MobileMe syncing after converting to iCloud. If I go to System Preferences > MobileMe and sign out of MobileMe I stop getting the Yahoo contacts sync popup. If I sign back in to MobileMe the popups start coming back. All MobileMe syncing options become unavailable after the conversion to iCloud, so guess I'll just stay signed out of MobileMe.

Apr 22, 2012 9:46 AM in response to Compukid

Since I updaded to Lion and Icould I had the yahoo sync pop up showing up.

I got rid of the yahoo sync pop up message ( that was driving me crazy). The apple care operator suggested to go to:

UTILITIES>

KEY CHAIN ACCESS>

PREFERENCES>

and RESET MY DEFAULT KEY CHAIN

it seems that the sync progams was trying to seach for a password of my n account that was deactivated.

hop this helps.

Yahoo wants to sync, and I keep saying NO!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.