Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud: all my contacts gone

Hi,

When iCloud got launched, I of course updated Lion and turned on iCloud. And now my Contacts are all gone.

• OS X 10.7.2 with iCloud - no contacts
  • iOS 5.0 with iCloud - contacts
  • iCloud.com site - contacts
  • iCloud storage - 80% space available
  • All use the same Apple ID.

Here is the investigation I've done so far ...

• When I create a new contact on my iPad, it does not make it over to iCloud.com
  • Appointments made on my iPad make it over to my Mac, appointments made on my Mac make it over to my iPad
  • When I try to switch on 'Contacts' on my OS X iCloud prefpane, after a while it just unticks the box. All other boxes remain ticked.
  • When I try to hard-enter a new iCloud account into Address Book, it takes my information and after a while

After inspection of the system.log it seems there are a lot of permission issues and in ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook I see a lot of Migration*.tbz files which coincide with me ticking the box in the iCloud panel.

Any suggestions how I can fix this?

thanks,

Rob

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 8:41 PM

I ended up deleting the entire ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook folder and after this it downloaded the contacts from iCloud and has worked fine since.

1 reply

iCloud: all my contacts gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.