Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV can not connect to Library

After updating my Apple TV 2 software to the latest version the other day I have been unable to connect to my library. After a period trying to connect the Apple TV displays the message ' Could not connect to "xxxx's Library"'. I did have trouble with the update, it failed wirelessly but was then able to update using USB. The network connection and internet access is fine and I have tried resetting/rebooting/switching everything I can find that is associated with it to no avail. Additionally, I have noticed that the white status LED no longer illuminates (also since the update).

System info as follows:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook with OS X 10.5.8

iTunes 10.5

Apple TV Software 4.4

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Paul

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 8:52 PM

7 replies

Oct 31, 2011 7:35 PM in response to prc6of7ismyname

Having the same problem. Got a new TV, got a second ATV, set it up. It sees both my library (Win7 laptop) and my wife's (MacPro). It will connect to my library but will not connect to my wife's. I've done pretty much everything (reset, factory restore, reboot router, etc.) but nothing works. Changed the name of my wife's library and turned home sharing off and then back on -- the new library name shows up, but I still get the "could not connect" message when I try to browse the library. Note that the other ATV out in the living room sees my wife's library just fine, as does my laptop.

As a further experiment, I set up my wife's laptop (MacBook) for home sharing on the same user account. It showed up immediately on the (flaky) ATV, but the MacPro library vanished from the Computers list.

Sigh.

Apple TV can not connect to Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.