Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning on Airplay and then it turns off itself

so just a few hours ago, I downloaded 'real racing 2' and want to play it on my apple tv (i'm using it with an iphone 4s/ios5). i have used airplay mirroring with it a few times and and never had any issues (for the most part, non-gaming apps).

at first it seemed to work with the game but then suddenly it didn't. i went to check if airplay is switch on but it's not anymore. so i try to switch it back on but it doesn't allow me and switches back to the iphone by itself. even if i set airplay mirroring on it does the same.

after waiting for a little bit and did two restarts with the phone (regular and hard restart), i tried and it works. the game worked ok at first then suddenly it lagged so much that airplay switch off and the game went back to the screen. i tried to turn it back on while in the game but it switches off automatically...

so i tap the home button, try to turn on airplay from the home and it works. but after a few seconds, it turns off by itself again.

so now i'm a bit confuse what exactly is the problem... is it my router or apple tv or an iphone 4s problem?

any help would be great, thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 12:44 AM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2015 4:51 PM in response to dj psy

Screensaver will disconnect it. Although this did not used to happen.

by the way posting technical problems on appme discussion orum's result in an apple moderator telling you that nobody from Apple reads these forms which is of course self-contradictory, I don't nobody believes it, because there is not a forum on the planet that does not have moderators. but don't answer them back because every time I do they ban me.

Apole discussion forums are the only forums on planet, that are spotlessly clean, but have no moderators reading.. 😀

hahah who is stupid? Not us users.. We don't believe impossible claims.

Turning on Airplay and then it turns off itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.