Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync problems between iCal and GoogleCalendar

I use Google Calendar to sync my business appointments between my Macbook Pro, my iPhone 4 and my secretary's macbook. Everything always worked fine until last saturday. It still syncs without problems between the iphone and Google, and modifications progagates from the iphone to google to the macbook pro but it doesn't go backwards. The sync stops with the message "calendar has not been found on the server. Check the URL " (or something like that: the message is in italian, so be forgiving if this is not the correct traslation). I tried to delete the calendar and adding it back, but to no result. Everything works fine for the first sync and then brakes (blue triangle with an exclamation mark).

Everything works fine for my secretary's macbook.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Ghibli

MacOS 10.6.8. , Macbook pro 2GHz i7, iphone 4 iOS5.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 6:54 AM

10 replies

Oct 19, 2011 11:20 AM in response to Ghibli

I just tracked it down. With ical closed I went to /users/Your name/lybrary/calendars and removed "calendar cache" and "calendar cache~" then I restarted iCal. Everything seems fine now. I tried to make some new appointments and moving them, checking the sync through the browser. Everything worked perfectly.

Oct 21, 2011 1:56 PM in response to Ghibli

According to Google: "Setting up iCloud sync has caused events to be wiped from Google Calendar for some of our users who were syncing information between iCal and Google Calendar. In response, we've stopped deleting the information until this issue is fixed. Until further notice, deleting any event in iCal will not remove this event from Google Calendar (for iCal 4 users, all changes made after a delete attempt will not be saved in Google Calendar). We've contacted Apple and we are actively working on this. We're also attempting to restore the deleted events. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we'll keep you posted. As a workaround, we suggest you remove event in the Web version of Google Calendar (calendar.google.com). This change would be properly synced with your iCal."

Oct 23, 2011 3:08 AM in response to david.kreindler

Thanks David, I am also getting the above error. Everything works fine, until I delete a calendar entry in iCal. From that time onwards, iCal stops to sync that calendar.

Even worse, when it happened in a sub-calendar (how is it called in iCal, delegate?), I could not even go into the delegates view in iCal to unsubsribe the afected calendar. Deleted and recreated the whole account to fix that (but all changes I made locally got lost, since the sync failed).

Sync problems between iCal and GoogleCalendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.