Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fast user switching

Hello,

I have problem from fast user switching on Lion.

I have two account Administrator and when I launch Safari on user1 and switch fast user switching to user2 on Safari i don't scroll direction up and down on mouse and same MacBook trackpad on web site.

I must quit Safari and launch again.

I have same problem in iPhoto, when is switch user to next user iPhoto, i don't scroll direction up and down on mouse and same MacBook trackpad. I must quit iPhoto and launching again.

I have last version clean instalation Lion , Safari, iPhoto

MacBook Pro unibody 2010 and Magic Mouse

Thanks for answer

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 7:06 AM

5 replies

Nov 22, 2011 12:33 PM in response to cerveny

I have the same issue in Lion, running 10.7.2 on my MacBook Air.

When switching between users, again both admins, using gestures to scroll up and down does not update, though it is actually scrolling—you just can't see it. Clicking outside of Safari (bringing the Finder to the forefront) permits the window to show you where you've scrolled to, however it is not possible to scroll when bringing the Safari window back into focus. When I do scroll in Safari (again, I can't see it actually scrolling but I know it's happening), the processes for Safari Web Content spike to roughly 50% of the CPU, Safari lingers at about 8%, and Flash is around 4%. I've noticed this issue more often when using Flash, and I've updated to the latest release, but haven't tried removing it to see if that's part of the problem. I haven't used iPhoto but I'll try that and see if I get the same behavior. Quitting Safari will resolve temporarily, but any time I switch between users and try using Safari for less than a couple minutes, I run into this as well.

Jan 25, 2012 1:36 AM in response to Sven Werdehausen

I can actually debunk that one 🙂 My 2nd account was only created a few days ago to run some email IMAP tests, so I have never launched any app in there apart from Mail and Safari. Twitter definitely wasn't open in the 2nd account.

The bug occurs only sometimes with Safari, but with the official Twitter app it has (so far) happened every single time. At least a dozen times at last count.

fast user switching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.