Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Sign in to iCloud - Account was disabled for security reasons

Hello,

I'm trying to setup my iCloud settings on my iPad 2 (ios 5). When I try to connect to iCloud (either from PC, or iPad) when i sign in with my Apple ID email address, I get the following error: "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons. To enable your account, reset your password at iforgot.apple.com"

I have reset my password 3 times, still can't login. I have verified my apple ID and apple ID email address are correct. I can sign in to the store, I can sign in and edit my account, I can change my password (again), but still CAN'T LOGIN to iCloud.

A quick search on here seems to show a lot of users having issues with the mobile.me account, but I never had one, my account has always been MyAppleID@gmail.com (example). Tried to contact support but they wanted me to pay for it since I dont have apple care (Useless support team).

Anyone on here have any clue?

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 8:16 AM

5 replies

Oct 24, 2011 5:48 AM in response to Georgy100

I finally resolved the issue on my own as Apple's support was useless! They sent me 4 emails telling me to reset my password when I told them every time I reset my pasword 3 times already.

The fix is...

My Apple ID was UserName, but iCloud was requiring an email address. So I had to change my apple ID to be the exact same as my primary email account. To do this, login to your apple ID, click manage, and then change Apple ID. If for some reason this fails, it's possible that you have a different apple id already associated with your primary email address. If this happens, change your primary email to a different account, and then make your apple id the other email address

Nov 4, 2011 12:31 PM in response to JGunther27

I seem to be having the same symptoms (i.e. can log in to manage, or post here / can't update apps, etc.). The difference is that my ID was my email address all along. I've tried changing my ID to be a different email address (that is a serious chore across a desktop, laptop, iPhone, and iPad), but am still in the same situation. Any further ideas?

Nov 10, 2011 11:37 AM in response to craigfromsebastopol

@Craig:

I was just able to get in. I was not able to verify my email so that didnt work. Then I went to change the Apple ID to my email address associated with the Apple ID and it gave me the same message. Then I went and tried iCloud login and I was able to log in. I know it sounds funny but ignore the error message and try to log in to test if it makes any difference. If this still does not work call Apple support which is what my next step was.

My steps:

1) Changed my password - no luck

2) Tried to change my email but gave me error message - Tried to log into iCloud and no luck

3) Tried to change my Apple ID to my email address associated with the ID and gave me error- Tried iCloud and was able to log in.

Remember to use your email address instead of your Apple ID.

I hope this helps anyone else. Always try to log in after every change you try and make.

Nov 11, 2011 3:58 PM in response to craigfromsebastopol

My issue turned out to be unrelated. Coincidentally to purchasing a new Mac Mini, the installation of Lion on my laptop, upgrading my iPad and iPhone to iOS5 and the release of iCloud, I experienced credit card fraud. When there was a charge back to the iTunes store on the CC # associated with my account they disabled it. Unfortunaltely the message that the App Store kept giving me was not that I had a credit card issue, but that I had too many failed logins, with the recommended fix of changing my password. I had to call in to Apple Support and get them to chat with iTunes support. All better now.

Can't Sign in to iCloud - Account was disabled for security reasons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.