Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto no longer remembers last export location

I am using iPhoto '11 9.2 (626). With this new version, I'm getting a strange new (frustrating) behavior. I often use iPhoto to hold the many pics I've taken for surveys I've done for my job, then I export the ones I need to smaller, more size-friendly versions for use in documents and distribution to others across the web. I have to navigate multiple libraries, choosing certain photos, then export them usually to a single directory meanwhile keeping the originals in my iPhoto library. Now, everytime I export a photo, it always defaults to "My Pictures" as the location. I don't mind navigating to the folder I want once each time I launch the program, but even if I leave the app open, it will no longer remember the last directory to which I exported. The previous versions would always default back to the last directory to which I exported.

I've looked through Preferences and found nothing... might there be some sort of hidden preference I can adjust? It may seem like a small deal to one who only occassionally exports, but for me this is a huge time-waster.

If not, is there a way I can downgrade to the previous version?

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 12:15 PM

I can replicate the issue.

Downgrading requires that you have a copy of the Library in the older format, do you?

Perhaps easier is to install a Shareware called Default Folder X. This enhances the Export dialogue in many ways, including the option to remember the last used destination, recently used destinations and other such things.

No connection with the developer or the app, just been using it for years.

http://stclairsoft.com/DefaultFolderX/

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2011 12:15 PM in response to bediddleby

I can replicate the issue.

Downgrading requires that you have a copy of the Library in the older format, do you?

Perhaps easier is to install a Shareware called Default Folder X. This enhances the Export dialogue in many ways, including the option to remember the last used destination, recently used destinations and other such things.

No connection with the developer or the app, just been using it for years.

http://stclairsoft.com/DefaultFolderX/

iPhoto no longer remembers last export location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.