Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri not connecting

Siri is not connecting with the network, even though all network services are acting properly.

Any clues?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 8:59 AM

9 replies

Oct 17, 2011 9:24 AM in response to AppleTV Fan

Even after following the web instruction on disable/reboot/enable Siri and the optional network settings reset - STILL NOT WORKING!!!

I assume even Apple doesn't yet know what the cause is yet....

Wow, the iOS5 and iCloud lauch will certainly have an interesting post-mortum review. Thanks to everyone who posts on the web as it helped me get through numerous hurdles.

I have to admit that the pre-purchase of the 4s went well. I was in my local Apple Store on Friday night (took my MBP6.1 in for its 4th motherboard replacement...) and there was no line and they still had plently of available 4s phones.

Oct 17, 2011 10:05 AM in response to aaronfrombrooksville

Mine also stopped working this morning. I reset the network and reset the phone it and turned siri off and turn it back on with just 3g.

Mine just started working again. The representative said it might be because there's so many people trying to use it at once right now and it's so new that we might be having a few problems with it for now. But it will get better.

Oct 17, 2011 10:28 AM in response to AppleTV Fan

As of 12:30pm CST, Siri is still not working and has not pretty much all morning too. (yet all other connections seem to be fully functional)

I guess I wouldn't mind nearly as much if Apple would see to it if they could post something about the problems so people aren't constantly rebooting/ restarting their phones every half hour or more.

Oct 18, 2011 4:18 PM in response to AppleTV Fan

Well, after seeing my wife's iPhone work just fine with Siri while mine continued to experience network issues, I decided this wasn't a server issue. Resetting alone with Siri set to off did not work for me. However, an old iPad trick did work.

I cleared out the multi-tasking bar (when you double tap the home button), turned off the phone and back on again and it works like a champ.

Oct 19, 2011 10:18 AM in response to AppleTV Fan

I read on a blog that internal iPhone memory (RAM) is also part of the problem. So just like the previous poster I have been closing down the apps that I am not using before opening Siri and I haven't had a problem since. Notice that depending on what question you ask Siri (like directions or restuarant reccommendations) it will be opening up apps thereby limiting the amount of RAM available. Good luck.

siri not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.