Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Degradation with iOS 5?

I have 5 devices that were upgraded successfully to iOS 5, but I appear to be getting some degraded performance on three devices when using wireless.

my iPhone 4S, iPad and another iPhone 4 all appear to degrade over time whilst using the wireless in my home However, my wife and daughters iPhone 3GS devices do not suffer at all.

Email gets slow, web pages get very slow to fetch and eventually the devices that are affected complain they cannot recieve or connect to the Internet at all!

At first I suspected my Apple Wireless basestation but I have since tried a Netgear with the same issues. I have even setup two wireless routers, on different channels, one running 802.11G and the other 2.4Ghz 802.11N and I still get the same issues.

A device rest reolves all issues and everything goes back to normal.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

thanks in advance...

 2.13ghz MacMini  iMac CoreDuo 2.0ghz iMac  CoreDuo2 2.4Ghz  Macbook 2.4Ghz, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 9:33 AM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2011 1:48 PM in response to Garyuk

I have similar issues with my 3GS, yet the iPad 1 is fine.

The 3GS experiences severe lags in standard operation, major drop-outs in wireless connectivity (even when the device is next to the router) and really poor gps reception to the point that it's completely unusable.

I have yet to do a full restore, although a device reset did not resolve it.

I can only hope that apple address this soon.

Wireless Degradation with iOS 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.