Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless sync intermittant

I can occasionally get iTunes to wirelessly sync with the iPhone and iPad, but its vry intermittant. They show up in iTunes, but when I select sync, it goes to looking for iPad or iPhone, then claims it can't connect. The device listing disappears for a few seconds or minutes, then reappears. Try again to sync, same problem. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the wifi for the devices and the computer as well as restarting the devices, the computer and my router. Sometimes these things work, sometimes not, I can't find a method to the madness. Anyone esle having these issues or have any suggestions?

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 10:33 AM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2012 6:19 AM in response to Tara Cravens

I have been having this problem too, however it seems the problem goes away if it's plugged into a charger... my phone was at 53% and was showing up in iTunes then disconnecting when I tried to sync (iPad too). I plugged my phone into the wall charger (not the USB) and now it's fine. Seems a bit pointless... may as well just plug it into my iMac and sync it, defeats the purpose of Wifi completely.

Wireless sync intermittant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.