Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification Center should have the date too

I have an iPod touch last generation and i have the calendar app in the bottom deck so every time I have to check the date I just press the home button (if I am writing a email or something like that) but I think it could be a lot better if the notification center had the date too! Either in a place designated by apple or by the user. In fact I don't even use the weather app. I will really use the date instead of the weather. Right now I disable the weather.

Also I don't get all the Facebook notifications (I get some) do I have to leave the app running to get all the notifications or can I close the app (closing app by tapping home button holding and taping red dot)?

Does anyone else feels the same about the calendar app?

(yes I am running ios5)

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 8:54 AM

Spot on. We need the date easily accessible from all apps. Notification center is the right place. Maybe a redesigned calendar widget with the date and the next appt will do.

Little tweaks like this keep bringing us back to the JB year after year!

Thanks.

4 replies

Notification Center should have the date too

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.