Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal isn't sending out email invites

I dont' know if I'm diong something wrong and I have tried to do some research on this feature, but it doesn't work for me. I set up a meeting invite on my phone and under "invitees" include the names of people I want, but they are telling me that they don't receive an email from me. I also tried this through my iCloud account, and it's not working. Any ideas?

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 11:21 AM

5 replies

Oct 26, 2011 9:52 AM in response to sphinx666

Here's what I have found. If I send invitations to people whose email addresses are in my address book, the don't get sent. However, if I enter and email address to people not in my address book, the DO go out, just like before iCloud. Also, if I type in the email address of someone in my address book (as opposed to using the plus sign [”+"], it doesn't go out.

So.....it seems that iCloud/iCal needs a fix. I have a case number and have spoken with Apple Support and expect an answer in 3-4 days.

Hope this sheds some light; sorry it's not a fix

Feb 27, 2013 2:21 PM in response to sphinx666

This is still going on! I have iCal 5.0.3 and OSX 10.7.5 and I can't send out invites. I can receive them from others, but can't send them out!

I was able to send out invites until I went to the Cloud. Ever since I've been iClouded, I've had the problem. I've seen numerous threads, but am wondering if there is a current "fix" out there somewhere. Of, course if I knew what was causing the problem I could fix it!1

I've always suspected that my iCloud account was corrupted somehow.... They must definitely be something incompatible since I went to the Cloud...

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated....

iCal isn't sending out email invites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.