Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Short battery life on a brand new iPhone

Well I got my iPhone 4 about a week ago. When I got it I did several full charging cycles, 3-5 if I remember correctly. And these days an iPhone battery really seemed "unkillable". It was really hard to drain about 50% with wifi and 3g internet, games, photos and videos, music, and several different apps.

But now I experience something strange: my battery drops 30% by night (just locked screen), and when I use my iPhone not so hard as first days (just music and Safari), battery has only 30% remaining (out of 100%) in 5 hrs.

Well, it's very bad. I don't want to charge my iPhone twice a day.

Also, when I leave my iPhone charging for night (I know it can fully charge in 1 hr), I see 93% in the morning. And it doesn't increase.

So, as I said I calibrated my battery several times when got an iPhone, and now battery drains super-fast. Can anybody tell me what's wrong and what should I do to make my battery work as expected (at least 10-15 hrs on hard usage, but 20+ hrs will be welcome 😀)?

Hope to hear the solution. I tried setting it up as new already :/

(The same question is on StackExchange too http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/28094/short-battery-life-on-a-brand-new -iphone)

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 11:15 AM

There are no replies.

Short battery life on a brand new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.