Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders/To do list on desktop

With the arrival of iCloud, is there a way of permanently showing reminders/to-do list on OS X Lion desktop?

Presumably this would remain in sync with my iPhone.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iPhone

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2017 5:02 AM

There's an app called GeekTool (currently in version 3.3) that let's you place certain objects (incl. date, time, RAM, reminders etc.) on your desktop screen. There's a community behind that app that create geeklets (small Applescript scripts) that let you place things on your desktop.

Attached you'll find a screenshot of my desktop, showing the time halfway submerged by a second layer of the masked wallpaper.User uploaded file

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2017 5:02 AM in response to r_mistry

There's an app called GeekTool (currently in version 3.3) that let's you place certain objects (incl. date, time, RAM, reminders etc.) on your desktop screen. There's a community behind that app that create geeklets (small Applescript scripts) that let you place things on your desktop.

Attached you'll find a screenshot of my desktop, showing the time halfway submerged by a second layer of the masked wallpaper.User uploaded file

Reminders/To do list on desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.