Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod classic has a virus in system files

after upgrading to iTunes 10.5 and using it once with my iPod classic, my iPod now has a virus, and it keeps regenerating itself after my anti-virus program gets rid of it. it's the Artemis trojan virus and it's in the iPod's svchhost.exe file (not on my computer). it looks like I can still use the iPod and stuff, although I don't know if I should be connecting it to the computer anymore.

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 9:41 PM

Restore the iPod to factoy settings. This erases everything from the iPod and sets it back to its original default settings.

I would also recommend doing another complete system scan to make sure all malware,spywire, viruses, etc. have been removed before reconnecting your iPod.

B-rock

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2011 9:41 PM in response to atrament

Restore the iPod to factoy settings. This erases everything from the iPod and sets it back to its original default settings.

I would also recommend doing another complete system scan to make sure all malware,spywire, viruses, etc. have been removed before reconnecting your iPod.

B-rock

iPod classic has a virus in system files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.