Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the OCZ Vertex 3 SATA III SSD work in my White 13" Intel Macbook?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could help me answer this before I buy? I'm trying to upgrade to an SSD but have heard that there may be a conflict with the SATA(?) I don't even really understand SATA to begin with.

Thanks.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 7:11 PM

What sort of conflict. Your model has a SATA drive interface for a notebook drive. So any SSD with a notebook size and SATA interface should work. Note that your drive bus only supports 1.5 Gb/s transfer rates while the SSD will support 3.0 Gb/s. So you will not get the full speed performance of the SSD because you SATA bus is slower than what the SSD can deliver.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2011 7:11 PM in response to surfstarchris

What sort of conflict. Your model has a SATA drive interface for a notebook drive. So any SSD with a notebook size and SATA interface should work. Note that your drive bus only supports 1.5 Gb/s transfer rates while the SSD will support 3.0 Gb/s. So you will not get the full speed performance of the SSD because you SATA bus is slower than what the SSD can deliver.

Will the OCZ Vertex 3 SATA III SSD work in my White 13" Intel Macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.